Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Photos before the demo




For some reason my video didn't work on the previous blog so I am posting some still photos of the place.

Here is where we are at:
1. The wall to the right of the fireplace is down in the living room, now the place feels open and lofty.
2. The floors are ripped up
3. The tile has started to go down in the bathrooms and up on the kitchen backsplash.
4. We took down the cabinets in the kitchen opening so that it feels more open to the dining room (I always say that open floor plans are the way to go these days!)

4 comments:

  1. Hello Again,

    Can you show us the pictures of the bathrooms and kitchen?

    By the way, thanks for the tips on the online shopping stores? Did you get any of your things yet? I'm really hesitant to buy stuff like furniture online, but if you say it works - then I'll definitely give it a chance.

    The place is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taniya, this is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see the finished product...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Banana,
    Thanks! I just started to receive a few pieces. I got my modern sleeper sofa for the office and a 63" round wenge (dark brown wood) colored dining table and I am very, very happy. I had one problem where my master bed arrived and was gorgeous, but it was the wrong color. They handled it right away and now my new one is coming soon. I guess it's the chance you take when you are saving moolah. The prices are at least a half, if not a third of the actual retail prices. If you're nervous, try ordering one piece and see how it goes. But be careful, you might get hooked! I love that it gets delivered right to the door. Some places offer a "white glove" service where they actually bring it in, assemble it, and take the trash with them! I decided to for-go the white glove treatment to save a few bucks. I'll let you know exactly what I think of the rest of the furniture as it continues to arrive.
    I will post some bathroom and kitchen photos soon!
    Taniya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nicole!
    Thanks! I'm so excited!! We are getting closer and closer everyday. It is such a mess right now! Dust everywhere!

    ReplyDelete